Wednesday, March 26, 2008

4th Posting- Author's Feelings About Using The Blog.

GoodDay! Thank you very much for still viewing my Blog. I appreciate all the comments that I've received in the other day before. Honestly, its really motivate and boost me up to post more posting regarding to the tasks, researches and also my experience in using the Blog as a platform to me improvise more in my academic writing and ICT level.

Of course yes. It helps me in my Written Communication course SKBS 1033, this course emphasize the students to be more creative, intellectual thinker and improve my writing skills. As I go through the course, I realized that it have the same feature as the Language and ICT course SKBP 1023 in terms of writing skills and SKBP 1023 really helps me to write confidently. The other things is like example, SKBS 1033 needs me to find a resource to do the task and honestly i am not good in using the internet to find a source but in the same time the SKBP 1023 also needs me to go through the internet and the course teach me how to find the related suitable source for the particular task. In deed, as I surf the internet I found out a lot of websites regarding to the writing skill that teach us how to be come effective writer example the www.eslcafe .com, www.englishpage.com and so on. I have learnt through in internet websites because it give me the tips, and guide us how to write effectively like do the summarizing and paraphrasing. As I used the blog, it also practicing me to always check my grammar by using spell checker to avoid me making some common errors and words suggestion to helps you learn more new words. However,the only different is the Written communication still using the white blank paper to do their task, as for the Language and ICT course, while blogging you do not have to worry much about making a lots of mistakes because blog also have the spell checker that helps you to minimize errors.

I think using the blog have given a lots of useful knowledge to me. I have never use blog before but I did know a bit about the blog and its use because I have friends that using the blog. Now I realize and experience how useful the blog is, it is not only a diary as always for some individuals likes to describe it but also with blog, you can express your opinion, voice, findings, facts or advocacy. I learnt many about blogging it helps me well in expressing my feelings and improve my writing skill during blogging activities and things are getting quite more well when I was been given a task to find information about a topic where we have to do a research onto many various resource. I also enjoy while using the blog because the functions were so interactive and dynamic in terms of entertainment where we can add the songs that we like, change the page layout that we think suitable for our personality or the blog itself. The blog provide various types of font style for the users to choose as well as the coloration of the fonts. Media player like slide.com an application to edits your pictures into a slide show then put some special effect transitions and it is same like the windows moviemaker application, which can be add into your blog. The thing is these media player actually make your blog more interesting and attracts visitor to look at your blog and in the same time, they will see how creative you are in decorating your blog. In practical, it helps me to write more and dig the abundant ideas in my head when writing as well as the skills in arrangement of the ideas like first the introduction, ideas and the conclusion when practically writing. As far as I know, sure it does make me an effective writer when I managed to deliver the message that I am trying to say in my topics besides all the comments I received.

The things that I need to know before I can complete the blog activities successfully is I need to know that I’ve check the spelling , save and publish the posting. It is because, if I don’t check this list I might wrongly give the information, errors will still occurred and the readers will not able to understand or worse I might forget to publish my posting at all. Therefore, I have to review back my blog to ensure that I have successfully published the blog and recheck again the spelling and errors.

The problem that I face when using the blog is when I finished typing and ready to publish the posting, suddenly the fonts were automatically turn itself into large sizes every each time and it make me difficult to recheck my spelling or grammar. Sometimes, the fonts are not likely as we set it before like example, after I posted the posting and view it back some of the fonts were being bold although I never set it bold. However, just a little bit adjustment then I managed to set it as I wish it before, until now I never knew why it always happen.

Yes. Back on the other days before, there was a friend of mine; I told her that I am taking the SKBP 1023 Language and ICT for this semester and recommended her about the blog. I told her that blogging was fun and enjoyable activities that we can do to express our feelings, voice out your ideas or act as your diaries. She instantly interested and ask me how to use the blog, sign up and ask information about the blog’s functions. I was very happy to able recommend my friend to have her own blog and hope that I can recommend my other friends that still don’t have blog to start blogging now.

Before taking the SKBP 1023, I really want to learn how to use the blog but now I know how to use it and take this valuable experience to discover more about the blog and become competence user. Therefore, I think yes, I will continue using the blog even after the SKBP 1023 is over. Thank You.

1 comment:

pn zaini said...

Joel,

I really do hope you will do as you say in your 4th posting about continuing using the blog even after the SKBP 1023 is over.

Do not say things that you can't do ok! So, please inform me what you have posted in your next blog....

za